Category Archives: About and how to’s
Do they require any assembly?
- No, they do not require any assembly.
How much wind is too much wind?
- We do not recommend lighting the lanterns off with more than 3 MPH of wind.
- A good “Rule of Thumb” is if you are having difficulty lighting the lighter without having to cover it from the wind, then there is probably too much wind!
Will I get the sky lanterns back?
- If the wind is very calm or nonexistent, then yes you can get them back if they fall close enough to where you lit them off.
Are they a fire hazard or risk?
- Anything that has fire or has to do with fire can be considered hazardous. They only become a risk if they are lit off in inappropriate places (under trees, indoors, near dry conditions, etc..) or in inappropriate wind conditions. (over 3 mph of wind)
Do you need permits to light them?
- You do not need a permit to light sky lanterns, however you may want to check with your local municipality just in case.